Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fiona Gong: Heartbreaker-in-Training


We've been back in the Bay Area for 3 days now, and it's nice to be back. Fiona seems to be adjusting rather nicely, apart from a nasty case of separation anxiety directed at me. The incessant babbling (i.e. "Dada..baba...gaga...") that began on the plane has continued, which has been fun.

I do have one retrospective East Coast event to share, however. On our final day in Virginia, Fiona and I got together with two of my dearest and oldest (dating from back in junior high) friends: Tammy and Kai-lin. You have met Kai-lin and her sons before: we saw them while in New York City, where they live. This time, we all gathered at the house of Kai-lin's parents. Fiona had a wonderful time reuniting with Kai-lin's two sons, Liam (1.5 years) and JT (3.5 years). They all played together nicely.

However, JT seems to have found a special place in her heart. Perhaps it is because he wooed her with his music on the gourd-thingie.
Whatever the case, by the time we took this group photo, Fiona zeroed in on JT for a full-on makeout session. This photo is a little dark and doesn't capture the steamiest action, but I'm really not kidding.
After he'd detached his face from her lips, JT declared (not without satisfaction), "She's using me like a toy!"

As a mother, I am both proud and concerned....

1 comment: