Well, I suppose it's only appropriate, given my glacial posting speed of late, I should be posting about Fiona's Chinese New Year only after New Year has come and gone! In any event, Fiona enjoyed a festive New Year's celebration at Grandmommy & Grandaddy's house last weekend, along with her great-aunt, great-uncle, and second cousins. She got to break out her traditional Chinese dress (gift from Grandmommy) for the event, but was most excited by the envelopes of "lucky money" that were given to her!
So excited, in fact, that the dress didn't stay on for very long! Lots of wiggling....
Once she'd raked in the big bucks, Fiona enjoyed a delicious hot pot meal prepared by Grandmommy. Actually, we were all a little bit surprised by just HOW MUCH she enjoyed it, to the point of demanding food off of our plates. The girl can EAT won-tons!
Grandmommy and Granddaddy were properly thanked.
Dinner over, Fiona moved on to other entertainments, like playing with her Daddy's old stuffed animals....
....and Miko, of course. She was very enthusiastic about feeding Miko with her second cousin Maria!
Happy Year of the Ox!
2 comments:
Fiona.....
The Chinese dress is so beautiful on you....it was so much fun shopping for the Chinese dress...
I bet that was fun receiving the red envelopes......
Guess what Fiona...Grandmommy is planning to prepare more won ton soup for you this weekend....
Granddaddy and I are so proud of you.....
With much love,
Grandmommy & Granddaddy
I didnt know they made Chinese dresses that small..how adorable :)
Post a Comment