I know that Mothers Day is the cause of much angst in our society, what with all the expectations and emotions that it entails. It's certainly the cause of much anxiety in my husband, who's always afraid that he'll "mess it up." But I have to say, my 2nd Mothers Day was absolutely perfect!
It started with brunch at Cafe Cacao: chocolate-banana pancakes. Yum! As you can see, Fiona was ready to dig in to my stack, but I did manage to get a few bites.
Then it was off to Children's Fairyland, a great little park right on Oakland's Lake Merritt. This was our first visit -- first of many to come, I'm sure. The 1950s-era park is set up with various scenarios from fairy tales and nursery rhymes, and Fiona loved every minute of it.
Navigating the card maze from Alice in Wonderland:
On the merry-go-round:
In the "crooked house":
She had so much fun, this is what she looked like when she woke up from her nap later that afternoon:
So, there you have it. A great Mothers Day, the highlight of which was just getting to enjoy time together with my husband and daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment