Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Hilarity


I think I've oversold our Halloween a little with that title, but Campbell's 1st and Fiona's 2nd Halloween was very nice. Fiona dressed as one of her favorite foods: a cupcake. Complete with a disproportionately large cherry on top. We carved the 3 pumpkins that we picked earlier this month. The "Mommy & Dadoo" pumpkin got the traditional treatment:
But Fiona & Campbell's pumpkins were decreed "Pony" pumpkins and carved accordingly. (Erick, the knife-wielder, was begging me for no more curved lines after those two).
After Campbell awoke from her nap, she was dressed as a ladybug (a costume commissioned by her older sister. As you can see below, it nicely accentuates her enormous cheeks).

Then, we headed off to the "Fall Fest" party thrown by our church. It was so much fun that Fiona was completely exhausted after the first hour. But she had enough energy to compete in the costume contest, in which she made the Top 5. (I suspect sympathy points for that enormous, homemade cherry. Or maybe it's all in the attitude -- I cannot explain the face she's making below).
In other news, Campbell is now lifting her head 90 degrees. This means that mobility is not far behind.

What will we do with two who can move?!? Halloween nothin', that's REALLY scary!

No comments: