Monday, July 7, 2008

Fiona Meets the Atlantic


We are now all up in the coastal town of Ogunquit, Maine, for a week of true vacation. It's very special to be back in Ogunquit; we were last here in July of 2007, when I was about 5 months pregnant with Fiona. During her first 48 hours in Maine, Fiona met members of her Grandmother's family (Great-Aunt Carolyn, Great-Uncle Craig, Kate and Zane). She also met the Atlantic Ocean. Although in California we live practically within view of the Pacific (in the form of the San Francisco Bay), the Atlantic is the first ocean that Fiona has actually experienced. Fiona was undaunted by the massive ocean. The water here in Maine is frigid, but Fiona loved dipping her toes in and jumping the waves. Perhaps this is not surprising -- apart from eating green beans and being outside in humidity, we have yet to find any experience that Fiona seems to dislike.

The excitement of her first ocean did take a toll, however. Fiona was wiped out and had to have an early bedtime.

3 comments:

grandmommy said...

fiona looks so happy and so adorable posing with mommmy and daddy....

especially with a beautiful mommy and a handsome daddy....

what a beautiful picture! the background is beautiful too!

Kim Wilkins said...

Faith, I'm so enjoying following Fiona on her East Coast tour - love the pictures of her in the ocean, and your narration of her experiences! -Kim

Amanda Whitehead said...

I am dying, DYING I tell you! The cuteness is killing me. Come home, Fiona!