

Yesterday and today, it was hot in Berkeley. By "hot," I mean that it got up to about 80 degrees. When it gets this hot in NoCal (where most people don't have air conditioning) everybody walks around in a stupor. Although she can't walk yet, the same is true of our daughter. When we took her out for a stroll today, she produced the mean expression in the top photo. (Looks a bit like Robert DeNiro, no?) Little does she know that, in just one day, she's entering the jaws of the beast. I hear from an anonymous source that the DC area is "disgustingly hot." This may be a challenge for our Bay Area baby.
To continue our seemingly endless farewells, Fiona visited her EarthTeam Aunties. Those of you who knew me when I worked at EarthTeam know that I had the best co-workers EVER. The EarthTeam ladies have known Fiona since she was a little zygote who forced me to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes for the first 3 months -- and yet they still managed to be surprised when I told them I was pregnant! I love these women.
Anyway, Chicory (EarthTeam's Program Director) is getting married and moving to Wyoming over the summer, in blatant disregard of our absence, so it was particularly important that we wish her well. We had a nice visit with Chicory and Trisha, and we took a photo -- see above. For some reason, Fiona, to whom posing for photos is second in enjoyment only to eating, was fixated on grabbing my necklace. But Chicory and Trisha look great!
No comments:
Post a Comment