



On Tuesday, we took Fiona to the National Zoo. Fiona has previously been to the Oakland Zoo, but she was much younger and slept through the entire visit (Erick and I had a great time, though). This was an infinitely more successful trip; Fiona had a blast! She saw tons of animals (the National Zoo, for those of you who haven't been, beats the heck out of the National Aquarium). Interestingly, Fiona's favorite animals, defined as the ones that inspired the most arm and leg waving, were the elephants (predictable) and the alpacas (????). She also enjoyed her first ride in the Baby Bjorn, kindly lent to us by our friend Jessie. (Since the Baby Bjorn allows great mobility of the appendages, we actually can't be entirely sure whether her convulsions were provoked by the animals or her newfound freedom). The photos above include Fiona in front of the elephants and some darned cute merkeets.
One highlight of the trip was the Japanese tourist who approached us and asked if she could take a photograph of Fiona. Since we were in a zoo at the time, we weren't quite sure how to interpret this, but we obliged.
1 comment:
Fiona! You are quite the busy lady! I feel the need to personally apologize for the national aquarium, though. I have been there and regret that anyone wastes any time or money in that basement. I agree the zoo is much better. And I also must say that your mom is quite the storyteller! Keeps me laughing out loud!
Post a Comment